As part of our commitment to developing new circus work and supporting the contemporary circus scene, Chamäleon is offering a supported residency opportunity for contemporary circus artists in 2023. The residency includes a four-week use of our rehearsal studio, The Cave, designed to facilitate creative work in a protected space and encourage the development of a new circus piece. It also includes dramaturgical and production support from the Chamäleon team and culminates in a public showing at the studio.
The exact residency period will be determined after mutual agreement and can be a maximum of 4 weeks. The showing is planned as part of the event Zeit für Zirkus (Time for Circus) on the weekend of November 17-19, 2023.
What we offer:
- free use of rehearsal space for 4 weeks
- 20 hours of dramaturgical consultation
- 10 hours of production consultation or technical coaching
- 5 hours of strategy consulting regarding touring, marketing, networking
- Public Showing
Note: As an institution without funding, unfortunately we cannot provide a fee or financial budget.
What we require:
- Approval that we may promote you and your residency on our marketing channels
- Acknowledgement of Chamäleon Berlin as a supporter in future PR or marketing activities
Details to the Rehearsal Space:
- Size approx. 6 x 9m
- Rigging Bar with hanging point (height approx. 4.30m)
- 1 Floor Point
- Basic Sound Equipment
Deadline for registration is on June 13, 2023 at 23:59h.
It is always our aim to actively support equality for all people and we therefore welcome applications from all, regardless of nationality, social origin, age, religion, disability or sexual identity. Please note, however, that access to our rehearsal space is not barrier-free and contact us at any time to clarify any specific questions you might have or to discuss alternative application methods instead of the application form below.
For further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org